Sunday, February 18, 2007

We band of brothers...


We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.


Just a few lines from "Henry V", but when you think about it, there is more... much much more... there is something about these words that the Young English King Henry told upon his men before the Battle of Agincourt, when victory looks uncertain... when all odds are against you... when the world has turned its back to you... or at-least your world has turned its back to you... Do you cower? Do you think otherwise?

With just your fellows beside you... or even if there aren't any... Rise and face all opposition with all your might... Let the world which shied away know that it was weak and you were not wrong...

Now what does this have to do with me? Not a lot... I just have these words stuck to my workplaces... just to remind me... what I am doing might not be remembered... might not even be known... but who cares... I am doing what I am supposed to...

No comments: