Monday, November 18, 2013

#NepalVotes

Sunrise, 10 April 2008
Sunrise on 10 April 2008 in Birgunj, Nepal. 10 April was the day the first elections to the Constituent Assembly were held.


On 10 April 2008, I couldn't vote, I was tasked to play a small role in ensuring that those who set out to exercise their rights are being able to do so in a free and fair atmosphere, deep down inside I feel I made a contribution that day, a contribution to lasting peace in my country.

Today, 19 November 2013, I am not able to vote. I am too far from my country to have this unique responsibility.

However, I encourage all Nepalese people to vote today, exercise your rights. People have sacrificed a lot, they have sacrificed their lives so that you be able to exercise your rights. It is your responsibility. Vote today!

On a side note, I will be tweeting any updates I come across. If you would like to receive the updates, follow me: @bullet350 [https://twitter.com/bullet350] I will be using the hash-tag #NepalVotes and #NepalIsVoting

No comments: