Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Shweta Punjali, Nepali Singer moves to United States from Thailand

New York, 20 July 2016 – Shweta Punjali, a new up and coming independent singer from Nepal has moved to New York city, United States of America after spending the last four years in Bangkok, Thailand.
“Thailand is very special and close to my heart. With the encouragement and support of all my friends there, I was able to realize my dreams and release my first album,” said Shweta, expressing gratitude to her friends and fans in Thailand.
“Now it is time for me to take the next journey in my life, it is going to be an adventure and I am looking forward to it.”
Shweta's first album Udaan that includes songs written by master lyricist Durga Lal Shrestha and music composed by Nhyoo Bajracharya was launched in April 2015. It has been nominated for multiple awards. Udaan’s song 'Achammai Lagyo Malai' has been nominated for 'Best Music' and another song 'Bato Heri Rahechhu' for the 'Best Music Video (Diaspora)' at the 2016 Nepal Music Video Awards.
She has also been nominated as the 'Best Newcomer' category at the 17th Tuborg Image Awards and as the 'Best New Talent' at the 2016 Nepal Music Awards.
Shweta has performed in concerts at many cities across Nepal and in Thailand.
With a promised that she will continue her musical career from the United States, Shweta added “I will be releasing some new songs very soon, I am sure that I will get the same love and warm reception that I got in when I released Udaan.”

No comments: