Monday, October 22, 2012

Hardcoded

Like the geese that take flight every autumn and instinctively fly off in the right direction in their journey of thousands of kilometers. Like the salmon that continue swimming upstream, regardless of the strength of water pushing them down. Like the dog we often hear about who got lost when its family were at a picnic, returning back home, walking for weeks on end...

There is something inherently coded in us, something embedded and etched in our microprocessors that can never be erased, that makes us who we are and keeps us who we are...

I am reminded of my home, I am reminded of the cloudless azure skies, I am reminded of the cold water running through the taps, I am reminded of the gentle cool breeze, I am reminded of the bright mornings and the chilly evenings... I am far away from home, far away from my homeland... and yet sitting a stranger city, where I am myself a stranger to strangers, sitting a city which is so different... I look out the window and I see the traffic thinning down as it would in my home town around Phulpati... I look out the windows, and if I look hard enough I see the kites with the shiny tails fluttering in the skies

It is hard coded inside of us, it is hard coded inside of me... I don't need to close my eyes to see it, my home town, the streets I grew up on... I don't need to close my eyes to feel it, my home town, the streets I grew up on... 


Its a little difficult to feel the cool gentle breeze on my face, but I can feel it alright...

There is something hardcoded inside of us... And in an instant can take you back...

;-)

There is something that is hardcoded inside of us... And in an instant can take you back... 

;-)

And if I want to be really sneaky, I can taste the plate of momo with the achaar poured over it, I can taste the fried sausages and fried potatoes on a stick, I can even feel the warmth of the glass of black tea in my hands and burn my tongues with it...

;-)

There is something really hardcoded inside me... And in an instant it takes me back...

No comments: