Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Giants?

It has been ever so common now that everytime I sit down with this window in front of me, I need to have Jack on my side, and gentlemen and ladies - this is not the Jack who goes off to pick a fight with a giant after climbing a beanstalk - this is my good and old friend Jack...

And while I am on this subject, why does Jack have to fight with the Giant? So what if the Giant is big and his feet smell? Take a moment out of your busy schedule gentlemen and ladies - the small sparrow hopping on the table to pick on a few grains of rice that fell of someone's plate... the poor thing was so scared that she (or he) slipped a few times, on its first pass, the sparrow did not even reach the rice, it was so scared that just one glance at me and it flew away - there was no way I was going to do anything to it.. It was only later that the poor tiny creature of God managed to muster enough strength and courage to actually come and peck on the rice (or maybe it was the compulsion of hunger that forced it). And to my great joy - it did, it ate the rice !

Now to this small creature, this small beautiful creature - I or anyone else (humans that is) is a giant, we are big and no doubt our feet smell! This poor beautiful creation of God does not come to pick a fight with us... then why does Jack (not my Jack) have to be this big "hero"? Why pick a fight with the giant? Why?

Insanity!!!

I am happy with my Jack - he doesn't talk much - he is quite fluid - likes to be in his bottle - until I pour him in a glass. He enjoys my company and at least we think alike, he's not a violent person, he doesn't like to pick fights for no reasons....

All for now... Jack's waiting....

No comments: