Wednesday, October 10, 2007

its passion...

These words appear as "Honi soit qui mal y pense" as the motto of the Grenadier Guards, the most senior infantry regiment in the British Army. Quite heavy words when you think of it, and quite professional too...

I asked myself a question last night when I was unable to sleep. Who is truly a "professional"? The entire night I spent just pondering on this term, morning came and I was still answer-less, slowly it was time to go off to work... and as I got ready, slowly archiving and deleting all the memories and worries of the previous day and personal life lest it affect me and my actions today, the meaning got clearer and my mind went into overdrive...

The almost 2 years that I spent in SM, my day started and ended with work... if I was happy, it was because I did something good... if I was sad, it meant I screwed up something... those two years knew nothing more... home was just a bed to sleep on... time for my friends... time for my family... time for me... time for life... there wasn't any time at all!!!

I did everything I was asked to do... I did everything I had to do... I did things I was supposed to... I did what I was not supposed to do... I did things just because people I thought I couldn't do... I did stuff to tick people off... I did things because it gave me a high... loved every moment of doing it all...

Work slowly became a passion, I got married to my job... became one with it... I would even dream of work...

And then one day it ended... I had to move on... what is left are just memories... a day's, maybe 2's work done in mere hours because I had to keep a promise... 3 weeks spent on a project which still carries my name... something that was snatched away and later came back to me... the guy who pat on the back... the gleaming eyes of that girl... the smile on the face of my team... that one comment - "Vibhu dai is a positive psycho!"... and when I was leaving... "Mat jaa yaar..."

I miss those days...

Was this professionalism? No... I don't think so... I'm too much in love with my work... its passion...

1 comment:

atheist said...

Hey dude....wats up?? Nice post.. "positive pshyco"...who called u that? anyways...have fun n keep dreamin wonderful dreams...